Saturday, May 9, 2009

Revit 2010 Keynotes

I just finished updating the detailing chapter in Mastering Revit Architecture 2010. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the out-of-the-box detail components that ship with Revit now have keynotes assigned to them. This has been a long running complaint of mine. I have not read about this anywhere and discovered it quite by accident. It was a nice little surprise. This makes using keynotes that much more advantageous because a great obstacle in upfront setup is removed. If you have never tried the keynotes, you might want to give it a try. When you add a a detail component, then add a keynote by element, the note will just appear. Nice!

This is how it should be. Here's hoping that they get around to doing the material library and other Families next.

No comments:

Welcome!

The traditional print publishing industry requires long production cycles before any book or publication can see print. This situation has become more acute for authors like myself who publish books on annual software releases. I hope to use this blog to publish information, updates, addenda, ruminations, and other "mid-cycle" missives. I hope you enjoy it.

Please be sure to also visit my website.

Thanks for visiting.