Sunday, July 26, 2009

Mastering AutoCAD Architecture


I am happy to report that the latest update to Mastering AutoCAD Architecture is well under way. The 2010 edition shoudl be available later this Fall. You can see the table of contents and ordering information on the newly posted book page.
I have several chapters "in the can" already. The Quick Start (Chapter 0) through Chapter 5 are complete through copy edit. I will post my comments on these first six chapters back to the editor on Monday. Chapters 6 through 9 are finished through technical edit and I await the copy edit on those. Chapters 11 through 15 and Chapter 17 are completed manuscript and in the hands of the tech editor. The manuscript for Chapters 10, 16 and 18 are in progress. Several of the appendices are underway as well. So, even though I have not posted here on this book earlier, as you can see the project is well underway and we are hoping to have a bound book in a few months. Maybe October or November.
I would like to thank David Koch. David has been assisting me in getting the new manuscript ready for publication. You may know David from the Autodesk News Groups. He is a very active member of the AutoCAD Architecture forum and a registered Architect practicing at the firm Ewing Cole in Philadelphia. Thanks David. I could not have gotten this far or even had hoped to get this update done without your assistance.
Please post comments here if you have any questions.

No comments:

Welcome!

The traditional print publishing industry requires long production cycles before any book or publication can see print. This situation has become more acute for authors like myself who publish books on annual software releases. I hope to use this blog to publish information, updates, addenda, ruminations, and other "mid-cycle" missives. I hope you enjoy it.

Please be sure to also visit my website.

Thanks for visiting.